About the Gator100The 100 fastest-growing, Gator-owned or Gator-led businesses in the world
Alumni from the University of Florida have created and guided some of the most innovative and profitable businesses in the nation and the world.
The UF Alumni Association and UF’s Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center (CEI) are privileged to recognize these amazing entrepreneurs with the third annual 2017 Gator100.
The Gator100 honors the 100 fastest-growing, Gator-owned or Gator-led businesses in the world. The Gator100 serves not only as a setting where UF's elite entrepreneurs can gather and share their talents and wisdom, but as an inspiration to fellow Gators to be a part of this exclusive group.
- July 15, 2016: Nominations Open
- August 15, 2016: Applications Open
- September 15, 2016: Nominations Close
- October 1, 2016: Applications Close
- November 2016: Notification of Gator100 Companies
- February 9, 2017: Gator100 Welcome Reception
- February 10, 2017: Gator100 Awards Luncheon & Celebration
For questions about the Gator100 program, including tickets and sponsorship, please contact Lindsey Farah at (lfarah at ufalumni.ufl.edu)
Why Gator Entrepreneurs Matter
“Entrepreneurship is the most empowering, democratic, freedom-creating phenomenon in the history of the human race”
Michael H. Morris, Ph.D.
James W. Walter Eminent Scholar Chair
Program Director, Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center
Warrington College of Business
Entrepreneurship is not just about the start-up of a venture. It is about empowerment and transformation. We live in an entrepreneurial age, a time of choice, change, opportunity, innovation, technological advance, and amazing possibility. Gator entrepreneurs understand these conditions, and have the courage to act upon them. They are creators. They create something from virtually nothing. But more than this, they create:
- a sense of pride and self-worth
- value for customers
- their own jobs and jobs for many others
- their own future and a future for others
- their own facilities and operations
- wealth for themselves, employees, investors and society
- economic dynamism in their communities
- the ability to give back and uplift society
There is a global entrepreneurial revolution underway, and Gator Entrepreneurs are on the front lines, keeping America from falling behind. They are transforming markets, business practices, industries, themselves, their families, their communities and our economy. In the process, they are creating the future.
The Gator100 recognizes Gator alumni who have built successful ventures. It is a celebration of this entrepreneurial spirit and the impressive accomplishments of these companies. Each year, we recognize the 100 fastest growing ventures from across the globe owned or led by Gator Entrepreneurs.